do i keep mil from my baby?

my lil one just turned one,i have a almost 17yr old stepson who lives with me and hubby full time,well my mil didnt get my lil one anything for her 1st birthday and told us we should sell her toys and shouldnt have bought her a moon bounce and said (what about brett)<-stepson. we brought up that we had spent over 600 on a wii and stuff for him a year ago,she said whats that got to do with it. she just bought him a xbox360 and a bunch of stuff for it,a cell phone,new clothes,she never comes to visit only to pick him up or drop him off,and never ask about my baby when she calls,just ask about him.she told hubbby i should have worked things out with his mom right in front of me,ive been biting my tounge for way to long,next time she gets rude in my home im going to ask her to leave.my lil one gets happy when she sees mil but mil dont care.what should i do?hubby doesnt say anything to his mom about it.

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 11:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sorry,she told hubby in front of me,he should have worked things out with bretts mom
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i would say something to ur hubby about it since its his mother...how would he feel if the shoe was on the other foot or if u mom only took ur lo and had nothing to do with ur ss id put it to him like that and see what he does
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• weve talked about it alot,and he says that his sons only got one more year til hes out,and he cant help his mom is that way
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• He can't help how his mom is but he can help how she speaks to you and it was your baby's birthday not your SS.
    Anonymous

• What does your step son have to do with your toddler's birthday? That one has me confused.

You might as well just get used to it now, because it won't get better. Your husband won't stand up to her, she won't treat your toddler the same as your stepson, she's always going to have that attitude for some reason.
    Anonymous

• What a NICE mil! Ignore the baby for her b-day, yet lavish the older child with expensive gifts. Sounds like a case of showing favoratism, and NO, you don't have to put up with it.
    Anonymous