What can I do to rid ants with my baby in the house?

So, we left for a weekend, and when we came back, we had ants in our livingroom carpet!!! I have no clue how they got in! I need to know what we can do that is still safe for our 7mth old! We bought some powder ant poison and were told that it would be okay to put it in the carpet, leave it for a few hours, and then come back and vacuum it up. And to just becareful about DD touching the carpet for a few days... Is this really safe?!! Does anyone have any other suggestions!?!?!?!

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 12:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always use the little ant traps but I've never had ants anywhere but my kitchen. And it was blocked off so my kids couldn't pick these traps up. I don't know what else there is other than what I also did, which was use a household cleaner like windex and kill them and then wipe the scent trail they were leaving behind. It took a couple days but they finally stopped.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2009