What's a good baby shower gift for $20 or less?

It's a baby girl due in August who is already spoiled and has everything she could possibly need.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a pack of diapers :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Kohls sells very comfy pjs for around 20 dollars. My girlfriends thought they would buy me something since I had everything for the baby...and it came in handy. Or if you can get other people together you could buy her a photo package.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• they have a hand print mold at walmart for 7 $,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Make your own "baby care" basket...fill with baby shampoos/lotions, wash cloths, combs, rubber duckie, hoodie towel, etc. Make as simple or "princess/girly" as you want!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Baby Whoozit. Fantastic toy.

Or some books for baby-- I give these now instead of cards.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 12:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• At Wal-Mart (Prices approx.)
    * Small Laundry Basket - $2.50
    * Jumbo Pack of Luvs Diapers - $7
    * Single Pack of Wipes - $2
    * A&D Ointment - $3
    * 2-3 small storage baskets or containers for things such as hair bows, spare pacifiers, etc. $1/ea.
    * Bed Pillow - $3 (This is for mom because you can never have enough pillows when you are pregnant.)

Approx. Total - $20.50

***This is my standard baby shower gift unless I know there is something that is really needed. It's low cost and very practical. I roll the pillow up and stuff it into the bottom of the laundry basket and neatly place the diapers, wipes, ointment and storage containers on top. Tie a pretty ribbon around the basket and you've got a great, practical gift basket. If I have a few extra bucks sometimes I'll throw in a couple of toys, sippy cups or spoons.

sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think diapers too. You can put together a nice Huggies basket, with a cheap dollar store basket ($1), use coupons from the newspaper for a pack of diapers ($10), wipes travel case ($2), baby lotion ($2) and maybe diaper cream ($5).
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 2:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• DIAPERS DIAPERS DIAPERS! and right now walmart here anyways has some soft fuzzy blankets for 2.00 I just put a bag togather shopping in the clearence section that had a 2 pack of socks for 2.00 a two pack of hats 2.00 and package of huggies natural diaper 7.85 with my coupon the blanket and a onsie for 3.00 the whole thing cost me 17.00 ! I also shop the clearence section in the baby dept to stock up on stuff for baby gifts for later as well
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 7:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2009