How important is fruit??

My 8 month old wil only eat a meat and vegie mixture, they have to be mixed or she will not eat it, and she gags when we give her fruit! no alergic reactions or anything she just does not like fruit or even juices. She still gets her formula, but should I try harder to get her to eat fruit? is it important right now?

Jessy07

Asked by Jessy07 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No it's not a major priority. It's way too early to worry about that. Some women actually only breastfeed at this point and their babies are perfectly healthy. It's probably a stage. I wouldn't worry. My kids HATED veggi baby foods but now that they are toddlers are my little rabbits! You are fine!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I wouldnt worry about not enough. it was when I gave my kids too much fruit the other day that i saw the negative side. They had explosive diarrhea for DAYS! Every diaper change was poop and usually going up their back. I am still washing sheets from that disaster.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 3:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2009