If you fell pregnant during unprotected sex, can you ovulate a week after or does that mean im not pregnant

I had unprotected sex 2-3 days after my period stopped and i have had pain's in the tummy all the time and back pain and was wondering could i be pregnant but i ovulated a week after i had unprotected sex, so now i dont no weather i am pregnant because i did'nt think u could ovulate if you are pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You know, this is actually an interesting could I be pregnant type of question! Now you have me wondering!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• how do you know you ovulated? (ovulation test, basal temp, mucus...)? need more info to be any help
    ryras_mommy

Answer by ryras_mommy at 12:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• after your next period take a testa nd see if you are pregnant but you can have sex when you are pregnant and you can have your period during your pregnancy, it's just you are not dropping an egg.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 12:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I haven't heard of a human ovulating when they are already pregnant, so if you really did ovulate, it would be extremely unusual.
    Anonymous

• sperm can live in your vaginal tract for up to 5 days. you would typically ovulate 14 days or so after the first day of your last period. Ovulation is not an exact science though, that's why they say there is always a chance of becoming pregnant with unprotected sex. Have you also considered the possibility of STD's?

What I would do is wait for your next period and test and if the pain doesn't go away go to your doc and get a check-up.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2009