Cereal

So my baby is like 3 months old almost 4 a the beginning of next month and she seems like she wants more to eat then the bottle (Formula) So I gave her a little to try her out on it and she seems to like it and take it very well... How many times should I give it to her a day like when we eat breakfast lunch and dinner? Or more than that? I'm not sure!? I tried once today and I think I will give it to her again at dinner is that ok ?

laurendalrin07

Asked by laurendalrin07 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We started Catie on cereal at 3 mo, just at dinner. Once she moved to baby food, I gave her 1 jar and lunch, and then 1 at dinner.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 12:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Wow, I never gave my kids any food til 6 months because thats what the AAP says. It can cause major digestive problems later on in life. Ask my husband who has had colitis and IBS his entire adult life. His doctor even told him it was most likely as a result of his mom giving him cows milk and cereal too early. All of his siblings have it as well. Everyone is different and your baby might be just fine when shes older but why risk it?
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 1:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2009