How much money do you spend a month on disposable diapers a month?

I am trying to figure out how much money i will save in buying cloth diapers but i am not sure, i havnt been keeping track so i hav no idea how many times i even buy diapers a month or what i am spending for that matter. the cloth diapers i want are kind of expensive so i need to be able to calculate the difference in order to make my case with DH that it is a sound investment.
I am looking for a sort of specific answer, so if you are like me and arent keeping track please dont guess. I appreciate your answers :)

newmom_1989

Asked by newmom_1989 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• $28.00 from Bj's
    Anonymous

• Less than $50. We use diapers.com-- buy in bulk!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 12:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Well I figured out that my twins will cost us about 3 grand in disposable diapers until they are potty trained so its all just a matter of saving up a few hundred and buying cloth ones for us. Right now, for two babies I am spending around $45 a month and that is with a hospital supply discount. If we buy them at Sam's or Cosco its around $80 a month.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 1:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• We buy LUVS. One big box costs $13 most of the time, sometimes less, at Walmart. And that box carries us for 2 weeks, so we purchase 2 per months. I would say $26 a month is a very close approximation.

Your husband may be tricky, so you will have to account for electricity, water usage, and detergent in your calculations for cloth diapers. A lot of times, people tend to forget that.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• $42, one big box of huggies from Costco lasts us a month, sometimes a little longer.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 1:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• hey thanks a lot for your answers! I am estimating about 50 bucks a month is about right. that means if we spend 300 dollars on diapers they will pay for themselves in 6 months :)
    newmom_1989

Answer by newmom_1989 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I spend about $30 or so. The awesome thing about Huggies is they diapers are nice but they have TONS of coupons!!! If you need any let me know, I have more than I could ever use :)
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 2:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• $26 - two big boxes of Wal-Mart brand size 4. Just so happens I like the cheap ones the best. =)
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 9:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• A box of 92 diapers last me 3 months, since I use cloth and only use one disposable first thing in the morning (I'm half asleep, everyone wants fed, and LO usually has his BM in the Luvs). That comes to about $7.00 a month on diapers. If you haven't bought yet, I think the cheapest way to go (without using diapers that are totally worthless) is to buy either Chinese or Indian prefolds and the Bummis wraps. Don't buy the Gerbers prefolds at the store - you might as well be using a paper towel. Join one of the cloth diaper groups here so you can get advice. Eventually you might have a question about laundry, leaks, or something. Good luck!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2009