Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong for kind of being upset?

I've been having someone else's kind for almost 3 months. She's never called visited or anything. I had to call her today because I am adopting her oldest child, so I bring up his birthday, I told her sinces he's been with me about half of his first year and he's been with me the last 3 months I'd like to have a party for him sinces my family has gotten so close to him. She says NO, but she will have him a party at Pinnochio's (a place like Chuck E. Cheeseand my family is invited. Okay she had no family or friends she's a compolsive liar and a crack head so the only people going to her"party" she says she's going to throw is MY family...NOBODY i mean NOBODY in my family likes her... for my daughtes party i thought we was going to have to pull my mom and SIL off her! Now am I wrong for being mad that she wants to have a party for him and only my family is invited insted of letting me do it since he's been with me so much???


Asked by HannahLee87 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 10 (434 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • I just give the kid a party and piss on her.

    Answer by MizMzBowz at 3:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • Let me add that she's ALWAYS calling and asking for money... her and her boyfriend live with my grandpa and just got an eviction notice for failure to pay. They both have a job or so they say. When the baby was living with them they'd call at least once a month to ask me to buy groceries even though they recieve WIC and foodstamps. Now how all of a sudden she got money and wants to have a party... I just have this feeling this child wont have a party because my family will not go near her and I really dont want to go.

    Answer by HannahLee87 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • I say have his party anyway she doesnt have to know anything and if she does try to have a party let her pay for it but you can have your own without telling her since your family wont go to her party they canstill go to yours.

    Answer by jaramilloe88 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • i say have the have the party waht she dont know what hurt her the kid is only that age once let him have his funb with you athe party you gonn a have for him and if hses sucha lait stop her from seeing him and if she on drugs you dont want him around that that is a bad sitution for him

    Answer by rhondarktrnd01 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • Just have one. Don't make it a big deal, maybe just a nice dinner and a cake with your family. How can she object to that? If he's at your house, he needs to eat, right? If he's old enough to enjoy a party at a fun restaurant like that, just you take him to her "party" yourself, or with someone who can stand her/is a neutral party. That way he can have fun, see his mom, and you won't be *too* stressed.

    Answer by mamahud at 12:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • I have to agree with jaramilloe. deep down she knows she is being a loser, can't do a party or anything. Just keep the baby as #1, you are such a blessing to him I'm sure.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • I would throw him a party and just not tell her about it. You have the best intentions. I threw my boyfriend's (now husband, and he had custody) son a party for his third birthday even though I was told by the mother that she would do it. She never threw a party, she never called, never came by to see him. When my boyfriend called her to ask about it, she said that she had forgotten. She said "I just have so much stuff going on and I forgot. Hopefully he isn't too upset about no one throwing him a party"

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • He's turning 1. he's just learning to sit up alone. he can't walk he can hardly crawl. I don't understand why she would want to have his party a place like this. It's a fonkey chuck e cheese.... my 4 year old didnt even enjoy it.

    Answer by HannahLee87 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • So a cake and your family would be perfect. Just get together at a park or something and have a "picnic". Like Mamahud said, he has to eat! Then should she come through unexpectedly, you can take someone with you so that you don't kill her. But your family still got to celebrate what is essentially your child's birthday.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • for the kid's first birthday he should have the people around him that love him and care for him. Throw your own party.. and then you can go separately to celebrate his birthday with his mother. Let her spend the money if she insists.. she's probably just trying to prove that she can do SOMETHING for him even though she hasn't been there for most of his life.

    Answer by kristal2146 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2009