Brazillian Wax....

So I got up the courage to make an appointment to get one done..... but I was wondering are there any things that I should do before I go in to help with the wax or the pain??
Also what should I do right before I go in to get waxed? Tylanol, hot bath/shower, trim??
Also about how long does it last?

SouthernRoses

Asked by SouthernRoses at 12:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You want your skin to be dry, so don't shower before hand. The night before exfoliate your skin with a poof sponge or bath gloves, just to get any hairs stuck under dead skin up. Powder I heard improves contact with hair and wax, but I think many waxers do that anyway. Think happy thoughts...like how you won't have to shave for a while :)

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i would call the place your gettng it done yet and ask if you should trim it. some places will trim it back cause the wax depending on brand needs to have so much of it to grip the hairs before waxing out. some you need a 3/4 inch will other just 1/16. some places won't trim ou and will send you away. something about hygene. wway call and ask about the length and see if they will trim you or not. you need not do anything else especvially a hot bath or shower. that will make the area more sensitive. cold shower ok. if they do it right you should have very little pain. it's worth it. although they will prbably recommend no sex for a couple of days as it can get sensivtive. i have never had any issue with that. it can last about 2 wks depending on your own personal hair growth. that would be the max you could see some regrowth around 4 days.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Hey I have had a brazillian wax and it was a disaster. If I can give any tips it would be to get some "tend skin" to use afterwards so you wont get ingrown hairs. Its a solution made of tea tree oil. My advice is to try something else for long term use like the no no hair removal system. It zaps the hair with no pain and the hair grows back thinner. The key word here in comparison to wax is no pain. LOL here is a discount link. https://www.trynono.com/1/?mid=537752

Have fun this summer as I see you are getting ready :)
    EboniSears

Answer by EboniSears at 12:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2009