potty training?

My dd is 19 months old.. I am wondering when she will be ready to start using the potty. I dont want to rush it on her or stress her out with it..any suggestions?

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give it a try, it can't hurt to start encouraging her. Just dont be dissapointed if she doesn't get it right away. Be patient and supportive. I'd get one of the little potty seats, let her pick out a cute design, a stool and a book she likes. Then show her how to get onto the toilet and give her the book.
    Daltonswife

Answer by Daltonswife at 3:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• We started to let Kat sit on a potty around 19 months...we NEVER pushed it & made it fun. She went w/ in 1 or 2 weeks...she's still not perfect, but she goes on it consistantly & has pooped twice...we never stress about it & let her have fun w/ it...flushing was a reward for a while, then flushing & washing her hands, & now we added 2 mini M&M's for each time she pee's.

She's even started to tell us (Sometimes) before she has to go.
    KatieBellsMom

Answer by KatieBellsMom at 3:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2009