Can you reassure me with potty training regression?

My 3 year old has been potty trained for almost a year. She would stay dry all day and in the past 3 weeks she would stay dry out in public too, which is something we just started. Well for the past 2-3 days she's gone through about 5-10 pairs of panties a day. She will NOT keep them dry while at home. Has anyone been through regression like this? Please tell me it will end soon. We have re-started the rewards system in hopes it will get her back on track. Just changed it to she gets the reward if she goes potty and her panties are dry afterwards.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How long has she been in panties? You stated that she had been potty trained for almost 1 year, but just the past 3 weeks out in public. Was she having accidents in public before? What was she wearing then? Is she used to wearing pull-ups? Children do regress with toileting often. The novelty of it wears off sometimes and they often just don't want to stop what they are doing to go potty! A three year old also likes to demonstrate that he/she can control their environment. It is a good idea to start the reward system again. Get her excited and keep using the regular underwear. Pull-ups are just glorified diapers
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• OP here~

We are anti-pull ups. She was in a diaper in public before we finally took the big step to panties in public. She still uses the diaper at night. She has never seemed to have an issue differentiating between the two before. She's been in panties in the house, where she is currently having the accidents for a year. Then a diaper in public and bedtime until 3 weeks ago. Things were going so well at home and in public we were about to start her in panties at night. Thanks.

Anonymous

• I'm anti pull ups as well. I took my child straight from diapers to undies and after a few accidents and public, he got it. He did regress, though, three times - each time after he had a big accident (he was hospitalized three times last year).
    Kodeekins

Answer by Kodeekins at 4:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• OP here~

We did move a month ago, but she had been doing outstandingly well with potty training and progressing with it since... so this is putting me at a total loss.

Anonymous

• We just moved halfway across the country and my son did fine - then a month later he started having pee accidents. He only had three or four accidents, but I'm pretty sure it was just after all the fun died off and he realized we weren't on vacation. :-/
    Kodeekins

Answer by Kodeekins at 7:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My daughters regressed when our son was born but they are much better now. I think restarting the rewards is a great idea. That was how we got ours potty trained the first time.
    KitKat3

Answer by KitKat3 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2009