Doctor says labor keeps trying to start but then "stalls out"....WHY???

I've had several episodes where I start contracting or cramping for a couple of hours (sometimes all through out the night) and within an hour of the contractions and cramping starting I start spotting and having mucusy discharge that sometimes has blood in it and sometimes does not.

I also lose big globs of my mucus plug (the mucusy discharge and the mucus plug pieces are different...it's hard to explain) when this happens.

But then after a few hours it all goes away.

I'm getting really frustrated!!!! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??

Is there anything I can do to encourage it to NOT stall out when this happens?

I'm 38 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe your body isn't quite ready yet for labor, and its just taking it slowly. your 38 weeks so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, stress can delay things as well. What I would do it take each day at a time. continue taking care of yourself... excercise (walking, yoga, swimming) whatever you do for exercising. Keep yourself hydrated and eat lots of good proteins etc. and relax!!! Take some times to do whatever relaxes you... for me taking a nice bath helps relax me :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009