All marriages shouldn't be equal, but there should be so many separate kinds of marriage that the gays don't feel singled out.

what do you think of that statment? here is a link you should watch tell me what you think!
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/229552/june-03-2009/the-word---i-do--you-don-t

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• For me, marriage is between one man and one woman. The homosexuals can have "civil unions" all they want, but the term "marriage" is sacred.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 12:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• did you watch the video???
    Anonymous

• Colbert? it's OBVIOUSLY supposed to be a joke! I guess it all about the name! lol
    Anonymous

• OP here - I know that its a comedy show i am not stupid but, I think within his joking he made a really good point....what do you think?
    Anonymous

• That crazy Colbert.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 1:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I agree with that guy completely... Gays deserve their civil rights to be treated with respect and dignity like anyone else, but there is no reason for them to get married. No one should have to accept that as a valid way of life, period. It's just not, and they should understand that. How am I supposed to explain to my kids when they see 2 grown men or women holding hands or making out in public? I tell them first to be quiet we'll talk about it later, then later i tell them that it isnt right and only a man and woman should do that. GOD FORBID if one of my kids becomes gay, because I will express my disappointment with them, but I will still love them. We would have problems if they decided to bring children in the picture though.
    Anonymous

• It's satire. He's pointing out the ridiculous notion of separate but equal. No I don't believe he made a good point, other than sarcasm.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• There is no point to being gay!!! Anal sex is gross..Hello poop!! And women can use toys on themselves, plus alot of men enjoy cunnigllis

Anonymous

• Anon :06 I feel sorry for you and for your children. Not only are you a moron by agreeing with Colbert because you don't get the joke, you are a bad parent and ignorant biggot.

Colbert is very funny and I think his point is great. Those against gay marriage all feel that way because of what the bible says, right? How do those people reconcile childless couples and women who are not virgins, etc... I'll tell you how, they turn a blind eye, they are total hypocrites. Gays are a very easy target for them, "we'll just ignore the pregnant teens and brides who were sluts, and the fact that that couple over there isn't procreating, God will forgive THEM....but those gays over there! NO WAY..."

Please people, STOP IT.
    Anonymous

• I'm not telling God who to forgive...thats not my point or place...Maybe it is wrong not to be a virgin before ur married, as far as teen moms go, back in Bible days women had kids as young as 13 (not saying that is right, but not exactly preached against) and childless couples most of the time can't help that, but i dont think they need a category even if they choose that road, theyre married, thats their label, right? I am not a bad parent...Bad parents are gay and choose that lifestyle around their children... I'm not a bigot, but if nature, God or anyone meant for 2 people of the same sex to be together, wouldnt it have been ok in the beginning, couldnt they have kids the natural way.. Men could be pregnant (that would be funny) justnot how things turned out, so itcant be right. If i was a bigot, i would tell them i hate them and piss on them and such...I did say they should get same quality of life, just marriage is the?
    Anonymous