mucus plug!?

does someone know how far you have to be dileted to loose your mucus plug? do some women not notice it?

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 12:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I lost mine 2 times. It's really gewy and gross honestly I don't know how you can miss it. I don't think you have to be dialated. I think I was about 1cm when I lost mine. Not everyone looses it. Also when you loose it you can go into labor that day or even up to 1 month later (that's what the nurse told me). I'm sure if you google it there is A LOT more information. GOOD LUCK!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 12:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You don't have to be dilated but you do have to be effaced some.

MANY MANY women don't notice it at all because they lose it in the toliet or shower, etc.

It can be anywhere from a couple of hours to 4 weeks after losing it that you go into labor.
    Anonymous

• I lost my mucus plug slowly over the cours of a week and when it stopped coming I went into labor. I was 3cm dilated 2 weeks before I went into labor
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2009