• In the Spotlight:

Phone bill payment may be returned...

I paid my cell phone payment friday afternoon and it is trying to clear the bank today. I had the money to pay it, then over the weekend, i had to take dd to the afterhours clinic, and ended up using the money to pay for her visit since we don't have insurance. Anyways, i am not sure what to do now. I wont know until tomorrow for sure if they are going to return the payment but am pretty sure the will. I am behind on my phone but always call and make the paymetn arrangements on time, so i have never had a problem untill now. What should i do? Should i call them now or wait till tomorow? It is AT&T?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• call them and tell them the situation and then go from there.They would rather have a call from you than a suprise waiting.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I agree with PP. You could also call the bank and do a stop payment on the phone bill. Also, let the phone company know. Some phone companies will let you post date a payment so your service isn't interfered with.
    Anonymous

• I would call them and explain what happened. You had an emergency; it's not like you purposely sent them a bad payment. I would look at a calendar first, and figure out when you could pay them, and tell them that, too, to show that you are truly trying to make things right and not just trying to get them to give you a break.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• If you could, make a partial payment..if not..then i agree with PP set up the date NOW for when you can pay later!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• thank you ladies for your help, I think i dodged that bullet right now. I went and cashed in a bunch or change, and had enough to cover it. That stuff adds up a lot faster than you think.
    Anonymous