My 9 month old all ofa sudden is throwin crazy tantrums when it comes time to eat?!?!? Any suggestions?

She has always been an excellent eater.. she actually started solids at 3 months. But for the last month.. everytime its time to eat she screams & its not a painful cry.. & nothing else seems to be wrong.. ( not sick).... Im gonna start crying!! HELP!

LiLMama923

Asked by LiLMama923 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you still trying to spoon feed her?
    If so, stop. She can use her hands to feed herself tablefood - not baby food.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 1:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• if she is in a high chair that may be the culprit, my son in 11months and sometimes he wants to kinda eat and run so i bring his food in the living room with me and he comes and gets bites in between chasing our cats or playing! that works for me....also she may be wanting to feed herself....they get more independent right about that age! good luck! and don't cry....i'm sure its a faze and she'll move on to the next drive ya crazy thing soon! :)
    thaddysmom

Answer by thaddysmom at 1:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My daughter started to act like that at exactly 9 months. She became very independent and would only eat what she could feed herself. Just lay the food in front of her and see what she does!!! Good Luck =)
    AlyssasMommy421

Answer by AlyssasMommy421 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• my son is 7 months and just started doing this. like the others said, hes much happier if he feeds himself. also if you are still giving baby food, maybe she wants more texture. that has also helped us, he no longer will eat purees, he only wants chunky food so he can chew it. i usually spoon feed him about half of his bowl so I know he gets some, then i give him the bowl and let him go to town. hes got it down now, he usually gets the rest of it. and it takes him a while so i can actually eat now haha. before i spent all of dinner time feeding him, but i guess the trade off is i spend extra time cleaning up after him now, what a mess lol.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 2:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I let her at it also... She has 10 teeth & i let her have almost anything! I will put spoon fulls of food on her tray & she just cries...... Spoon feeding her.. she cries!!!! It seems like the only time she wont cry is if i introduce her to something new!!!! :) She has eating almost everything....im running outta options!! & i always feel like she never gets full. cause you know when she feeds herself the majority of it goes everywhere but her mouth!!! Although it is entertaining to watch! lol. :)
    LiLMama923

Answer by LiLMama923 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2009