McCain versus Obama - Agressive or Passive approach to North Korea?

With North Korea's ship that may be carrying weapons and is violating United Nations Sanctions, do you think we should board this vessel to prevent anything from happening(McCain), or should we not "speculate on hypotheticals" (Obama) ???

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-06-22-voa27.cfm
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hYphBjQpSQaF-1iOItH4PhHufOGwD98VMSN80

We have a Navy ship, the USS John S. McCain following this Korean ship, and Senator McCain said this "I think we should board it. It's going to contribute to the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction to rogue nations that pose a direct threat to the United States".

You thoughts...

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 1:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Photobucket
    Anonymous

• Are you KIDDING me Anon???? grow up! HELLO?? North Korea and weapons? Yes, I'm making this all up for 'trolling' for an argument. (roll eyes) I wish!!! But, this is serious. you loser!!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 1:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• IDK. I am not privy to military strategy, but from what I was listening to the other day (can't remember which news program) someone was saying that just boarding the ship on our own would be an act of war. This is why I leave the decisions to the military officials that are experienced enough to make those decisions. I know McCain is military minded, but I still don't know if I agree with him on this subject.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Senator McCain is right.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 1:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• We are at war any way.......why do we have to get our ass kicked again while Obama sits on his ass. Sorry to point out that Obama is Not a peace president...he is also a war president and Obama needs to get off his ass and do something now before its to late.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 1:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think McCain has enough experience and education in foreign relations to make this call over Obama. We should be thanking our lucky stars for the McCain family and their dedication to protect our country. Thank goodness that USS John S. McCain is trailing these psychos!!!
    Anonymous

• Funny how Obama talks about dotting all the i's and crossing the t's. Who do you think is doing that??? McCain and other EXPERIENCES ADVISORS. Take THEIR WORD and search and seize this Korean vessel! Obama has no balls - I guess that comes with no experience.
    Anonymous

• Thank goodness that USS John S. McCain is trailing these psychos!!!

Yeah, notice how it's not the USS Barack H. Obama or the USS Barry Soetero trailing them?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

God Bless the McCain family!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 1:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I agree with McCain.. I believe we should board the ship and quit waiting around for something to happen.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2009