how to react?

Chey has been out of diapers for almost 6 months and she was doing perfect with it (accident very seldom) well recently it seems like some days she has a few a day other days she has none! How do u react when she has them?

NDAUGHERTY

Asked by NDAUGHERTY at 1:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think for a two year old she's doing really well. My son is two and has no interest in the potty at all. I'd say just clean them up and remind her that she needs to do her business on the potty next time. Dont make it a negative or a bad thing. Maybe start asking her more often if she needs to potty. Two is a busy age, she may forget she needs to go.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• like pervious poster said. focus on the good and don't punish for the accidents. It's hard for a 2 year old to remember to stop having fun to go potty. :)
    Anonymous

• Someone gave me a good analogy to potty training. Imagine potty training like life... sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down... but it's always rolling forward.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 2:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Thanks for the advice ladies! I feel better about it!
    NDAUGHERTY

Answer by NDAUGHERTY at 2:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2009