What does it mean if I have a retroverted cervix??

That is what the doc told me at my physical today, everytme I go they say something weird about my cervix and I don't know what it means. In medical teminology I thought retroverted means turned backwards...Just wanted to know if anyone knows. I doubt it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Health

• yours is backwards. sometimes that can cause infertility.
    after orgasm, the cervix spasms and 'dips' into the semen to increase the amount of sperm that actually penetrate the cervix opening.
    if it is retroverted, it may not ever reach the sperm after orgasm, which can cause a lesser chance of fertilization.
    not uncommon, just not the textbook norm.
    it can also be uncomfortable in various sexual positions other than missionary.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 5:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2009