My boyfriend of 3 years thinks i hate his son and i don't know what to do this isn't the first time he accused me of this

Hi i have 2 boys from a previous relationship,we have one of our own and he wants to get full custody of his 8 year old son, but the problem is I don't know if I'm ready to take on another child in my home the kid constantly lies he steals and get supset quite easily. I am always tired taking care of my kids and it really hurts me cuz he thinks it's a piece of cake and whenever I wanna talk to him about his kid he gets upset, he thinks I just don't wanna take care of his kid cuz "I ahte him" but it's soo exhausting trying to take care of all these kids mine are 7, 5 ,and 2 . I don't know why he doesn't think it's hard. He just doesn't get it and I am on my wits ends with him!

smithey

Asked by smithey at 1:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Find counsellling from a minister, some place get an appointment made. Then tell bf you have an appointment that proves you want things to be better more than you hate his kid. Then tell bf that you and he need to get joint counselling to be able to work things out.

That doesn't guarantee you will take in his son but it implies you're thinking more of it. to keep communication open.

After you and he understand and agree your worries of each of your own are legitimate tell the counsellor you and bf want to bring in his son and possibly all of your other kids too to work on adjustments of every one.

There's more adjustments to be made than just bringing in phsicially his son, his mother wlll need consulting. Two of the other children have a different father themselves and need to adjust to another sibling some how. And the baby between you and this husband needs special care bringing in still another sibling.
    Anonymous

• Run!!
    Anonymous

• id leave him home a couple days a week with all of the kids and let him get the feel of haveing all of the kids...i do this with my dh b/c he accused me of the samething but once i started to leave him with everyone he shut his mouth and now we work as a team so both of us get alone time.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Why would you put up with this man and his accusations?! Take YOUR children, and say adios! :o)
    Anonymous