Are you going to still stay home after your kids go to school?

My daughter is 3. We are now TTC our 2nd child. After both of our kids go to school I am thinking about going out and working. I was wondering if you were planning on still staying home or going out and working? IF so what will you be doing? Right now I am working part time from home and I like that, but I also may take another part time job then. Thanks:)

DAH02

Asked by DAH02 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I couldnt imagine being home all day without kids..that would be fantabulous for like a week! but then what...what do you do with yourself for 8 hours a day or whatever with no kids..its a fantastic opportunity to go back to work, meet new people and earn extra income....extra money never hurt anyone! lol....i would try to find an office job..working retail sucks to me now, im tired of it!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My home IS my kids' school, so I don't see myself returning to the workforce for quite some time.

The plan (hope) is that once the kids are grown & off to college or working, my husband can retire early and we can travel. If that doesn't happen as soon as we hope, I imagine I'll go nuts with nothing to keep me busy... so I'll probably take on some PT work just to pass the time --- retail or something like that. Then again, I have a degenerative spine condition... so by then, I may not be able to keep up with a job.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Yes. My youngest (not counting our angel that died of SUID in January) started pre k and I am currently looking for a job.
    NOW...the job market is competitive. Well, atleast where I am. So I am also going to college. So, if you can (or you may already have), take some courses on what you are interested in. Trust me, after being a stay at home mom for 5 years, it is extremely hard turning in applications when you have not been working and have no college education. I have more options now that I am atleast going to school.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• As long as our financial situation has only gotten better between now and then, i will probably continue to stay home, i have a little over 5yrs though before all mine are in school (my 4th and hopefully last baby is due in nov.) I would seriously look into going to college or volunteering.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• YES! I will be home when my second goes to school. I started a home biz a few months back and I will be working that strictly while my 2 boys are at school. The comp I work with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! If interested, you can check out my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to help you and get you home permanently if that is what you want!
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I'm working from home and even though I have another on the way, I do plan on being at home for all of their school years. I love being able to be at every field trip and soccer practice. Even when they're school age it gets hard if your family gets the flu for a week, etc. I just want to be there for them. If I had to, maybe I'd get a waitressing job at lunch hour as long as it doesn't interfere.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My youngest is 3 and at the moment my plan is to stay home when he goes to school. For me it is important that I can be home with my kids for school holidays, snow days, sick days and I am available after school to take them to their activities, help with homework. etc. I have started working from home and currently I'm making a couple of hundred dollars a month which is nice as it helps to pay for activities and vacations. The plan is that by the time my youngest is starting school I will have built my income up to one that is comparable to a full time job outside the home. Have a look at my website if you like; it is the kind of business you can set your own hours with and certainly work alongside another job: www.YouCanWorkFromYourHome.com"

Lisa

LisaPisanic

Answer by LisaPisanic at 11:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My daughter is in school full-time. However, she is off during the summer. I've found that a home business works best for me so I don't have to find daycare in the summer. If I have to run errands for my business my daughter can come with me. I still have time to do fun things with her and attend school functions during the school year. It works well for us so I'm sticking with it.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 8:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2009