terbutaline shots

has anyone had terbutaline shots???
if so any side effects??
what was your experince?

yamina.G

Asked by yamina.G at 2:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did not have shots, but I had to take it in pill form 3x a day, and it was terrible.

It was for pre-term labor, and it kept my heart racing, whenever I tried to focus on doing something with my hands I would get really shaky, I had a hard time sleeping, I felt like I was on crack.

The second I hit 36 weeks I stopped taking it against my doctors wishes because I knew my daughter would be safe at 36 weeks to be born. She was born a week after I stopped the pills.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I had the shots at the hospitall. I had shakiness and just felt like crap. It only lasted till they released me and I didn't have the shots anymore. I got two within a 24 hr period
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i had it 3 times just made me shakey
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Isn't that steriod shots?? I had two shots 12hrs apart at the hospital for they thought might be pre-term labor at 32 1/2weeks. I'm now 37 weeks and nothing has happened. I just had slight spotting/bleeding for one day then and another time at 30 1/2 weeks. I also had my heart racing a little and felt my face flushed on and off for two days. I couldn't sleep there really either, its side effects from the shots they said. After the shots the baby was more active and gave me lots of braxton hicks,, lol
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 2:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• yeah the side effects were like only in the hospital though
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 2:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• hmmm I dont think they are streroid shots, but mine were supposed to me 20 minutes appart then get past the first doze becasue of my and the babys heart were both really high.
    yamina.G

Answer by yamina.G at 9:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009