did Noah have daughters?

I read another question that said he slept with his daughters. I know Lot's daughters got him drunk and slept with him but I don't remember hearing anythinig like this wiith Noah. I just read gen. 8: 9-11 gen. 9:1-11 gen. 9:18-28 and gen. 10: 1 and skimmed the rest. I don't see anything about daughters. I am reading the NRSV

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yeah, you're right. It was Lot.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• no, he had 3 sons. His son's had wives, so he had daughters-in-law.

Answer by NicMorgan at 3:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• There is a lot of speculation that Noah had drunken, passed-out sex with one of his sons, though. Or that the son had sex with him in that state.  (scroll about half way down the page)

And there are a lot more sites that consider it, too.  Not just these.

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Noah did not have daughters, and to rachiesmom, the Bible clearly says that his son saw him naked and covered him up. Noah got drunk because after the flood, things fermented WAAAY faster than before the flood, so that was an accident. His son walked in a found him naked, passed out, and was embarrassed for him, so he covered him up. It's very simple in the KJV Bible.

• the "speculation" is not in the Bible. He son's backed up and covered him as to not see his nakedness.

• Most likely he did have daughters. But in biblical times and literature, daughters are unimportant. Unless they have a significant contribution to Israelite history like Moses prophetic sister Miriam. Jesus had sisters but they are not numbered or named. Lot was the one who slept with his daughters. Noah was the one who was supposedly 'sodomized' by one of his sons. Apparently the flooding of the earth DIDN'T cleanse it of all sin or evil. Millions of dead men, women, children and babies for nothing!

Answer by witchqueen at 7:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• haha witch queen is just now that I have to laugh hate yur anger hate and bitter in your replies.