When did you start giving baby diluted juice? In a sippy cup or bottle?

Katie0224

Asked by Katie0224 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never gave juice in a bottle, I started juice at 6 months, diluted 50/50, in a sippy cup to encourage the transition from bottle to sippy. I only gave 4oz of juice (so 8oz of fluid totally) a day.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think it was at 4 months, I gave diluted baby juice. In a bottle.....BUT, that was 13 years ago. Now, I would wait until way older and give watered down juice in a sippy and very rarely.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I started at 3 months (2oz total-1.5oz of water and .5oz of baby apple prune juice). This was because we switched to formula and after about a week and a half you could tell he was in pain, so I gave him the juice luke warm before his bottle at night. It worked perfectly and you could tell that he felt better. He doesn't get juice anymore though, he doesn't need it with the solids. I just give him some of my water when it gets too hot.
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My son is a year old and we just started offering watered down juice every once in awhile.
    My daughter is almost 4 and she still drinks half juice half water whenever she does have juice.
    Anonymous

• 5 months...i did 8 oz bottle...4 oz juice 4 oz water...then went from there...i still dilute the baby juice..hes not on "regular" juice!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It's also very important to not substitue juice for a real feeding. Baby still needs the nutrients and fatty acids found in breastmilk(or formula) for the first year of life. They won't get what they need if you fill them up on juice or water!
    Anonymous

• My son is 7 months and we just gave him his first taste of watered down whitehouse apple juice. We gave him one ounce of juice and one ounce of water.
    Daltonswife

Answer by Daltonswife at 3:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I started giving my twins watered down juice in a sippy cup around 6 months. They each split one of those gerber juices so it was around 2 oz juice 2 oz water each and i just put the cup on their tray like it was food and let them figure it out. They usually dont drink the whole thing but they figured out how to use the sippy and how to tip their head back within a matter of days! My DR said never to use a bottle for juice because you want them to understand the difference. It also will make it easier when you wean them from the bottle if they've never had juice in it.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 3:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• At 6 months and in a sippy. They were already taking their formula in a sippy.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• my son will be 5 months tomorrow and we just started with very little juice extremely watered down in his new sippy (a first for both the sippy and the juice) over the past couple weeks...he has learned that juice is in a sippy and he rarely ever gets a botle unless im not around to feed him (he is a bf baby) so we dint really have much use of bottles in our family :)
    mlmartinez

Answer by mlmartinez at 4:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2009