nifedipine

hey anyone on or has been on nifedpine to stop contractions???
what was your experience or opinions???
eager to know.

yamina.G

Asked by yamina.G at 2:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have been on it about 5 weeks. It makes me tired sometimes sick to my stomach but other then that it seems to work. But it could be the fact that I am on strict bed rest too.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I was on this the first time with my single pregnancy in 97 and again in 06 with my twins. With my single it worked great, done just what it was supposed to. I stopped at 37 weeks and had my son at 39 weeks. With the twins it worked for awhile. Then I went back into labor, they were unable to stop it that time...and I had my csection at 33 weeks and 3 days. I had to have a csection cause baby A was breech. The one thing I found out about the nifedipine is you MUST take it on time!!!!
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 2:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• is that procardia ? if so i was on it for about 4 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• yes its procardia...I was put on it yesturday after the turbuletine made my babys heart too fast.
    im taking it now but Im just so scared of taking stuff like that, it makes me have shortness of breath or then again it could just be I havea really bad cold going on..
    yamina.G

Answer by yamina.G at 3:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• im on it too and have been now for about 6 weeks, it sucks.lately it makes me feel really bad like im going to pass out and my heart races constantly too..it didnt really do that in the begginning but my ob said it was because im supposed to be on strict bedrest but i dont and am doing stuff all day long that its messing with my heart so i have to stop or i will get stuck in the hospital on bedrest....nifedipine is generic form of procardia.the turbetuline shot worked for a few hours on me then stopped so i got put on nifedipine.i still have at least 7 weeks to stay on it and im not happy about it at all...
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• yea me too, I do stuff all day..I stopped taking the procardia last night,
    I could stand all these meds Im on, also anibiotic I just dont want my baby
    to taking in so much stuff...Im trying to relax and tak it easy but its hard to do when your house
    is a mess and everyone depends on you.
    yamina.G

Answer by yamina.G at 9:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2009