In a given day what kind of outdoor activities do you do with your toddler?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2.5 year old likes to:
    Swim(when it's nice)
    Ride her little bike
    Play in her garden
    Play ball
    Sidewalk chalk
    pick flowers
    go for a walk
    go to the park
    Run around with other kids
    play tag
    Help me water the flowers
    Blow bubbles
    Anything really that s fun
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Play ball (she is learning how to throw it)
    Pick flowers
    Walk around the yard and name all the things she points out

Thats a usual day outside for us, which is generally anytime its sunny
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• N/A

It's currently 98 degrees out.

We stay inside.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• We took her sit and spin zebra outside, and she plays on it. My girls draw with chalk, look at bugs, pick flowers, ride tricycles. When DH doesn't work we take the kids to the pool.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• We've been spending time in our little pool. She's been having a blast and we're trying to teach her the basics of swimming. She loves to pick flowers and play catch too. We do those in the morning and swim in the afternoon because it's been getting so hot out.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 2:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• We usually have to have our outside time in the evenings, when it's not so hot. It's too hot during the day. My LO's favorite thing to do outside is catch lightening bugs. We get a washed pickle jar, poke holes in the lid and let them catch lightening bugs and put in there. After they're done, we open the lid and watch them fly off. Sometimes we share some watermelon while we're out there.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• we go to the park at least once a week, and well play in our yard 3-4 days of the week....i am pregger and supposed to be on bed rest...but i break the law for him
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Playground if not raining.
    Blow bubbles and watch them chase the bubbles! (hilarious!!)
    kick a ball back and forth
    tricycle
    go for walks around the neighborhood
    I gave them each a cleaned out butter thing and they have their own collections (sticks, rocks, leaves...all three of them, even the kindergartener)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Right now it's getting up to 95 degrees outside at the hottest part of the day, so we don't play outside until after dinner (usually around 630 pm). If we feel like it a little earlier (after 4 pm) we'll go play in her little pool and cool off. Otherwise we take a walk around the neighborhood, or down to the park. One day on the weekend we head to my grandma's pool, or she's at my MIL's house digging in the dirt (her favorite activity!). She also has a baseball & bat that she & her Daddy play with.
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 3:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• if its not blazing hot we will swing or play in the pool. Lately I have been taking her to the mall just to get out b/c it has been so beastly hot! I usually just try to get her out every now and then.. we have more night time activities this summer though so shes pretty well occupied!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2009