How do I keep my clothes from looking dull?

bec423

Asked by bec423 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• wash easier in cold water
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• my whites look alwful i try not use bleach it makes it worst, i am trying to see if it is washer or my laundry det. any suggest
    bec423

Answer by bec423 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Use cold water for washing....add 1/2 cup of borax to each load (found in the laundry aisle at the grocery store or Walmart)....hang dry, using a gas or electric dryer fades your clothes. Avoid bleach, as it can damage clothes.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• EXACTLY as mom2aspclboy states! I do the exact same thing with my laundry! I would love to hang dry, but don't have an outdoor clothesline yet so I hang some things on hangers or on racks, but most things go into the dryer.
    Borax is awesome stuff! I've been using it for over 20 years and it is so wonderful for getting nasty smells out of clothes and towels and things. It keeps my granddaughters infant things (spit up cloths, onesies, bibs, etc) stain free and takes the spit-up smell right out.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Wash in cold water
    Line dry
    Use this: http://www.ecos.com/oxo.html (I buy it at Trader Joes)

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• That new Cheer that brightens clothes does as promised. I love it.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• What about your water source? If you have well water, it can make things look dingy, or orangy if there is too much iron in it. City water doesn't usually have this problem.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You can air dry it .I air dry most of my clothes and they have that crisp clean smell.I have a dryer but because my mom has a strong odor because she urinates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2009