Are you intersested in animal rights?

Well then, I just started a group you may be interested in. I'm trying to find mothers who oppose animal cruelty. Don't worry, I do not agree with PETA tactics and will not be encouraging them. My group is for women opposed to things like factory farming, dog fighting, euthanizing infant animals because they are "unwanted", animal testing, and all forms of animal cruelty. Here is a link...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/MACA

Please come check it out, and help give a voice to the silent.

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 2:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pets

• Awesome!
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 3:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Thanks!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i will check it out now. thanks.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 5:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Sounds like you have the same views I do. I'll check it out.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You do realize that animal testing is necessary and has been responsible for vaccines and medications that save the lives of our children and pets from illnesses that can kill them both? Until we find a better option, let us please not knock the only viable option we have.

equusvetgal

Answer by equusvetgal at 10:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• equusvetgal - for me there is a difference between vital medical research and testing mascara on rabbits to see if it's irritating to their eyes...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Oh and I should add that even with vital medical research; I expect the animal to be treated humanely...I realize times were more "barbaric" scientifically speaking but if you do some research into what Pavlov did to dogs I think results (pace makers) or not you'd be sickened...with today's scientific advances there must be more humane ways to do things...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have a better option!! How about testing on prisoners and pedophiles... How about testing on serial killers? Nooo... Thats inhumane!!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 2:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Beachmamaof2: My research on this topic is extensive as I spent 2 years in animal research (Vet student) in NJ dealing with morons outside the main gate to the complex that protested because some bit of misinformation. It never ceases to amaze me as to the stupidity within the human race. One piece of twisted information can snowball into the biggest fallacy, inciting the general public. In a picture perfect world we would not have to resort to animal testing, however this is not our case. The below link helps to educate those who think they know what goes on within the parameters of animal research. With every situation, there is the potential for a misguided soul, medical research is no different. To be against some animal research and then to claim that research neccesitated for medical research is okay is hypocritical. It still involves to some extent, the animal suffering.

equusvetgal

Answer by equusvetgal at 10:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I think we're past the point of needing to use animals for medical or cosmetic research. Like someone above said, use the bottom feeders of society.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 10:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2009