Obama signs strongest anti-smoking measure ever

So, will Obama take the "do as I say, not as I do" approach, or lead by example?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090622/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_tobacco_5

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Lol, I wonder if he signed it with a ciggy in his hand?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• GOOD. GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOOOOOOOD.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 2:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Lots of words and no substance. The bill and Obama.
    Anonymous

• well the bill is to make cigarettes company pt the ingredients on the label and things of that nature.
    Anonymous

• The bill is a lot of blather. Tobacco industries will find a way around it. They always do. It was wasted time and wasted money.
    Anonymous

• I don't know why is call an anti-smoking bill because it doesn't in any way prohibit smoking. Just making the company responsible for the way they advertise and putting label on cigarettes.
    Anonymous

• Obama is supporting an anti-smoking campaign, and yet he himself is a smoker?? LOL
    That would be like a pregnant woman advising someone to go get an abortion. Take those "hypocrite blinders" off Mr. Obama!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I've seen pictures of Obama smoking when he was younger. Well it is never too late to change.
    bringin

Answer by bringin at 2:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I don't see how it's hypocritical. A lot of people who are smokers who have been smokers hate the fact that they do or ever smoked. But it's a physical and mental addiction that is hard to kick. Especially when your job or life is high stress.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Oh goody. How on earth is it going to stop kids from smoking? It's not. Anyone who has been a teen knows if they want to do something they will do it. Putting huge words on the pkg isn't goin gto help. I've already seen several polls that say adults are not going to quit. I guess if they cut the carcinogens it may help th ecancer rate but we won't know that for years. I think that will actually backfire and make people smoke more because they do less damage. It's just a feel good bill. So Obama feels good about himself for doing something and Obama fans think he has done something good .
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009