Do you think it's okay/safe to have contractions for many days??

I have been having contractions since Saturday, I lost my plug on Saturday too! They, the contractions, are not consistant, still sporadic, but very uncomfortable, painful and starting to get annoying......I am being induced on the 7th of July, does this mean I will have her earlier than that maybe?

Liz30355

Asked by Liz30355 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is possible you'll have your baby sooner, yes. And there shouldn't be a big problem with the fact that you're contracting, as long as your water hasn't broken. If your water breaks, get to the hospital immediately!
    Anonymous

• No it wont hurt anything. I have been having them for weeks, supposedly the more kids tyou have the more likely to happen. I did this with my daughter too. I could mean your body is getting ready, or it could mean nothing at all, there isnt any way of telling unless you actually go into labor. Loosing your plug though is a good sign...and hopefuylly you are dilating a little or at least effacing so labor will go easier when it does happen.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I had unproductive labour for 6 weeks - before my 3rd baby was born (I begged on hands and knees for an induction). lost the mucous plug at about that same time the labour started. I would have regular contractions for a day and then they'd taper off and be really irregular and sporadic then start up again and be every 10minutes.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• until they get regular or your water breaks, until then you have to suffer...but i would call your doc...he'll tell you what to do
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Its normal, a lot of women go through it and it can last for weeks.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 4:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2009