Do you love your vacuum?

I hate my stupid vacuum. It constantly needs maintenance. Do you love yours? If so why? and what brand is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• No I don't, yet it is a good and reliable vacuum. I don't even think the company is in business anymore. It is a Eureka, and it is like a small half barrel- a canister- on wheels with a hose in one side. It doesn't clog up, because of the way it is made. But it is cumbersome to pull around, and heavy. We have had it about 35 years and had it worked on once, although my husband has replaced belts in the beater bar from time to time. If it ever went to the great vacuum graveyard, I would not get another like it but would look for a lighter and easier to move around vacuum that resisted clogs. I also don't like to use disposable bags, - for environmental concerns, so would look for one with a cleanable and reusable bag.

Answer by Bmat at 2:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I have an el cheapo Bissell from Wal-Mart and I love it!!!!! It was only $70 had a lot of attachments and it works great. There are a few things I dont like it about it though. The continuous emptying of the canister, cleaning filters, winding and unwinding the cord. I would like to have one with those clean lights. Lets you know when the floor is clean.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I got a Dyson for my birthday 2 years ago....

I LOVE MY VACUUM!!! it was worth the $500!

my dh works with drywall (and my house is always under some kind of renovation - dh gets bored) - the dyson sucks it up no problem!

I've had the silly thing for almost 2 years and I'm STILL obsessed and amused by using it! I vacuum everything! lol
    the day I got my new one (I picked it out) I vacuumed with my old one (a really good Kenmore bagless blah blah), then redid it with the Dyson and the amount of dirt and icky stuff was nauseating!!!

I'm never going back!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I just got a Eureka Boss and I love it. I has the duster attachment and is about half the price of the Dyson and supposed to be better. I vacuumed with my old one and then my new one and it looked like I shampooed my carpet after using the new one. My husband thought I did shampoo it. You do have to empty it after every use and it has a hepa allergen filter and a pet hair attachment. Every bag less vacuum that I have seen has to be emptied a lot.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Yes! I got a Bissell Healthy Home vac last year and love this thing.....it is easy to use & gets everything up, including all of the dog hair & dust. It is easy to go from carpet to tile to hardwood floors. The attachements are all on-board, and it has an extra long hose for doing the stairs; I leave the vacuum at the bottom and go all the way to the top easily. It also has a HEPA filter, which is a must with allergies, as well as microban in the collection tank.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• We have wood floors and a couple of rugs. We got rid of the old Hoover, and I use my husband's shopvac. It is powerful and easy to use.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have always loved mine. It's a Kirby. My mother always had a Kirby and she loved it too.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have a Dyson and I love it! I went through 5 vacuums in 6 years before my husband would agree to spend mega $$ on a Dyson. I've had it 3 years now and it's just as good as it was the day I took it out of the box.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Thank you all for your replies :)
    Anonymous