Give me some donations places

I have a 4 person seat couch. I just called the Vietnam Vets and they cant pick it up because it has to be able to be lifted by one person. Does anyone know anywhere else that would come pick it up??? Ive tried craigslist and even there for free I cant get rid of it. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amandaeastman

Asked by amandaeastman at 2:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Freecycle.org?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Tried that too and no go Ive had people inquire and then never write back and people who no show
    amandaeastman

Answer by amandaeastman at 3:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• could you put it by the road with a free sign? thats what we do and nothing stays long! just make sure you put the free sign on it... it is stealing if you take peoples trash without permission.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• we live on a cul de sac and the couch is a 3 person carry couch it literally takes 3 people to carry it
    amandaeastman

Answer by amandaeastman at 3:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I put it back on craigslist and got some response all the donation places I called most dont do pick up anyway. I got one response that said its too big and the color wont match OMG picky over free stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!
    amandaeastman

Answer by amandaeastman at 3:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Salvation Army and Amvets do pickups.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I was going to suggest the Salvation Army, too.
    Our AmVets came and got a washer, dryer, and table/chairs set that no one wanted for free (working and practically brand new!).
    Purple Heart came and got a car that died on us - something wrong with the engine that would have cost us more than buying the $900 used car to replace it with.
    If all else fails, call 1-800-GotJunk to see if they'll take it for you.
    Oh, I know our local high school drama department always loves to receive free furniture and things for their stage props. The seating area in the drama rehearsal room is filled with used sofas and chairs for parents to sit on and watch the kids on the classroom stage. You can check into local places like that in your town.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• does anyone have a website for amvets i havent called salvation yet and there isnt a purple heart near by
    amandaeastman

Answer by amandaeastman at 12:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2009