Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need meds no insurance

so i dnt have health insurance right now.. is what it is .. but im having a hard time with my aniexty and i take prozac for that.. im slowly running out of my supply. should i go to a medical clinic see a general doctor and ask for a specific med which would be prozac. is that to forward.?. my ocd and panic is getting bad . thoughts.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Health

Answers (7)
  • Just tell them that you have been taking prozac and it works well for you and you would prefer to not start taking a new medicine. Sometimes doctors have samples, too. =)

    Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • If you are eligible i would check into medicaid...thats what its there for. your health is important, and youd be able to go get checked out and have your meds atleast partially covered!

    Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • See if you're eligible for medicaid or some other aid. Yes, go to the local clinic. Most have sliding scales based on your income. Explain to them you don't have insurance but that your prescription is running low. They can give you the generic form of an anti-depressant, which is usually a fraction of the brand name cost. They may also refer you to a mental health clinic. Just like a medical clinic, psychiatrists work on a sliding scale and can prescribe generic meds.

    Answer by CoolGirlChris at 3:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • Yeah I'd go to the clinic and ask for a prescription for a generic....generics are somewhere in the $4-$8 range at places like Wal-Mart and Target!

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • Also some of the drug companies have programs to help too.

    Answer by teamquinn at 4:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • i would see if ur doc has samples or if they can give u something off from the walmart list. u can also try to contact the drug maker and see if they have programs for low income people with no insurence...i know pfizer does i had to use it befor but im not sure about the other companies

    Answer by rainmommy at 10:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • You need to be seen by a mental health professional. There are many clinics with sliding scales.

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.