Is he suppose to wake up crying?

I just redid the office into a really nicely Toy Story theme for my 17 month old. I babyproofed everything, added all his favorites, new twin bed! He LOVES his room and was taking naps in it for two days. Mind you he was a cosleeper. Last night he slept in his bed all by himself all night but woke up once at eight am, I gave him a few minutes and he calmed down a tad so I went in and I layed him in his bed and he fell RIGHT back to sleep for the rest of the morning. Well even when he co-slept and we weren't next to him when he woke up he would wake up crying sometimes worse then others....I was wondering if this is okay or.......? Will he eventually get over it? He seems so bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning like he actually got some sleep!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son still does that sometimes. i think sometimes they just get a bad dream or just wake up and its dark and they werent expecting it or something. ide say its fifty fifty with my son, some nights he sleeps straight thru the night and other nights he wakes up and whimpers and other nights he wakes up screaming intensely but as long as he is still getting some sleep and theres nothing else goin on then he is fine. he will figure out his niche. good luck =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My daughter sometimes cries when she wakes up. I just think she gets disoriented every once in awhile. Heck, I just dreamed a conversation that was so real I got out of bed looking for the person I had the conversation with. When they get older I think it will be easier for them to remember where they are and that you will come get them.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2009