Is pedisure a good thing for a 17 month old?

So my son was throwing up daily for who knows why, I took him to the doctor and she said Iwas giving him too much milk (whole milk). He was drinking up to a half a gallon a day. I didn't in all honesty know there was a such thing as drinking too much milk but after she said that she said only give him 8oz...then right after that she said to water that 8oz down and spilt it in half AND THEN she said dont give it to him at all to just give him three pediasures a day. That milk was more of a filler at this point because it isnt giving him the added nutrients and vitamins he need. That stuff is super expensive and three a day is fine I just need to be sure its what he needs. He isnt over or underweight either! and she said to give him extra olive oil too. I fill like she is trying to fatten my child up lol...but I am only worried about the health vitamins and nutrients factor here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he isn't underweight then I would try to just give him less milk and maybe more fruits and good for you foods. If your worried about vitamins then that will help. If he needs an extra boost of vitamins, you can give him one a day. I think 3 a day is a little crazy. My son is 19 months old and when he was sick from tonsillitis I gave him 1 a day because he refused to eat anything. Good luck getting it all figured out!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My daughter has been on pediasure since she was about 15 months. She was underweight though. My Dr though gave us a WIC voucher for it so I dont buy it out of pocket, if you qualify maybe ask about that. I would wonder maybe if the Dr is worried about him loosing weight going from 1/2 gallon of milk a day to 8 oz. That may be why she is wanting to start on the pediasure.
    Anonymous

• You need to feed him a well balanced diet...look up the food pyramid and feed what he is required. A half gallon of milk a day is not good. He can drink water and eat his dairy in cheese, yogurt and a little milk. He does need olive oil to help with his heart and arteries and to help get his fiber from veggies and grains moving along. He needs veggies, fruit, whole grains, dairy and some lean meat. He also needs some healthy oil, like olive. It won't fatten him up if he gets all this in correct helping sizes. It is way healthier than eating crap and gallons of milk.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't give him three a day. If he is eating well I'd give him one, maybe one and a half. As long as he doesn't loose any weight and is doing well development wise, I wouldn't stress over it. You could also as your doctor about giving him a children's chewable multivitamin
    Daltonswife

Answer by Daltonswife at 3:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• 16oz of milk, a well balanced diet, and no pediasure, no vitamins. Have you read the ingredients on that? Ewwww. It's like McDonald's shake with vitamins. My daughter doesn't get processed foods.

Anonymous