What happens after having Hysterectomy then comes menopause?

I just had hysterectomy three weeks ago and of course now going through the menopause. The surgery was successful and did not feel any pain. That is after the morphin got out of my system. The first week I couldn't walk straight. But now I'm wondering what would happen with my sex life? Would I ever feel the same way in terms of enjoying sex? Yes I was very active and I want to continue feeling the same way. Is this the end of having pleasure in the intimacy?

Habibi759

Asked by Habibi759 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Health

• There are a lot of menopausal women who say sex is BETTER because you'r no longer having to worry about pregnancy.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Talk this over with your gyn or surgeon. If your ovaries were removed, then yes, those hormones will no longer be produced. I don't know if you can take hormones but your doctor will advise you. As far as sexual desire, it should still be there. :) Many women still have pleasure in intimacy. Best wishes for your recovery from surgery.

Answer by Bmat at 3:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2009