is it normal for a new mom to be to always think she is going into labor every time she has a contraction or sevre back pain or cramping at 35 weeks??? lol

well every one has hyped my up a bit because my doctor has said my baby is above average size and that they might not let my go to 40 weeks, or that i mght have to be induced, or that i might have to have a c-section and all this stuff that i shouldnt do much and that i should get lots of rest and on top of that my family is soo shocked at how big my belly is and like you'll never make it to ur due date , that the doctors or wrong that im farther along then they doctor thinks and all this stuff and it has gotten me a little scare that now every time i im have a couple painfull contractions or so back pain or when i have any kind of discofort that i might be going into labor! can any one help me !!!!! please

KimFoster278

Asked by KimFoster278 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try try try to just listen to your doctor. Get rest. Even if you're not early you will still appreciate rest!!
    Too many old wives tales are more upsetting than helpful. Shut off your phone, don't answer your door. Take care of you your baby. Rest.
    Anonymous

• that is 100% normal! CONGRATS YOU ARE NORMAL!! hehe.
    I was like that too. But Joslyn was not coming out on her own so I had to be induced, but I was having contractions for weeks!!! They were just nothing to be concerned about.
    Good luck and try not to let people freak you out!!! It will happen... your baby will come! Just when he/she is ready... or not!
    Joslyns_mommy

Answer by Joslyns_mommy at 3:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i was like that with both my pregnancies, every time i felt i twinge or had some discharge i thought it was the real thing or that maybe my water had broke. so yup you are normal, as far as people freaking you out, don't worry about it, get some rest while you can b/c in a few weeks you'll be wishing you could sleep whenever you wanted to again.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• lol trust me mama you will know when the contractions turn from braxton hicks to labor. its totally normal though cuz you have no way to distiguish the two if you havnt ever felt them befor, but seriously when you get some labor contractions you will say 'wooooaaa ok this is probably it!' everyone said that to me when i was prego the first time and i ended up being 8 days overdue and induced and this one im huge too and i keep crossing my fingers that i will go into labor befor my due date lol. good luck to us both! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2009