pregnant with iud???

Has anyone gotten pregnant with mirena? and what all happens when you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got pregnant on the copper T. They will probably take it out at your first prenatal appt, they may give an US first, to see what's going on. Just be sure that if you are preggo, you tell them about it right away. It may be that taking it out could risk the pregnancy, so you may be faced with a couple of options.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I thought I was pregnant with my Mirena and I ended up not being...it just made me miss periods. I have read online about a bunch of people who did get pregnant on it though, and I think the babies were usually fine. They will either take it out, or they won't, it may depend. But it's EXTREMELY unlikely that you are pregnant.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 4:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It is possible. if you think you are call dr right away. It may have slipped out, which means its in there somehwere and needs to be removed, if they cant find it then i believe you are high risk but everything should be fine. and if it is still in then they will remove it, and that can be kinda dangerous to the baby. also a friend of mine felt pregnant with it, had all the symptoms, and 2 positive test, and had a neg blood test, they think hers is infected. definatly call the dr
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 4:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i got pregnant with mirena as well all they did was remove it and then did an u/s and i was placed as high risk for fist trimester
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 4:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2009