• In the Spotlight:

my friends three year old wont stay in bed

my friend is having trouble getting her 3yr old daughter to sleep in her own bed or even lay down there! she is at her whitts end and my kids arent at that phase yet so i have no clue what to tell her without sounding naive. i told her about cafe mom but she is still hesitant so i thought i would ask for some remedies for her, and maybe she will be converted! thanks ladies! =)

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 3:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She could try letting her daughter pick out her own special sheets...a nigh light...a special bear or blanket for her to sleep with...special pajamas that she picks out herself that she can ONLY wear in her own bed...I hope that helps for starters.
    Anonymous

• We have all been there. When it got bad with my twins at about 3 we took away a toy for the next day. We would just keep doing it until they fell asleep. The next day they were not happy but it helped to reinforce our point. They are pretty good now at almost 4 1/2. We still have nights though so we tell them that if they don't stay in bed then they don't get TV, dolls or whatever will make an impact on them for the next day. Another friend of mine lets her twin daughters pick out a book, quiet toy or whatever within reason to have in bed and if they get out of bed they don't get to keep it. She says it works for her. Hope this helps.
    KitKat3

Answer by KitKat3 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2009