increase in breast leakage??

Ok my breasts have been leaking since my 2nd trimester, so the leakage itself is nothing new. But it's never been more than a drop or 2 really, not even enough to have to wear breast pads or anything. Until today... my breasts have been leaking like crazy, more so the left one. Enough that I've had to change my shirt and put some breast pads in my bra! And this damn left one LOL, I mean it's really leaking... and it's not clear or yellowish like colostrum, it's more white and a bit sticky... could this be a sign of imminent labor?? I'm 38w,3d and have been having irregular contractions for like 2 weeks now. But I've never heard of increased breast leakage like this, not until after the baby is born... has this ever happened to anyone?? Anyone know what's going on with me LOL??

bellamama09

Asked by bellamama09 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well I'm not sure if its a sign of imminent labor but I hope not bc mine have been doing it off and on for about a week now, and I'm only 33 weeks! But ya, exactly the same as you described, and I've been having braxton-hicks for a bit now as well. TMI maybe but mine when it first happened they were really sore, and i went to massage them and it just shot out! Surprised the hell outta me! Sorry I can't answer your question better, but at least you know you are not alone! :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• yah same here. I am 32 weeks and 5 days and mine are doing the same thing. I have been having leakage since my 2nd trimester too and it just increased and became white and sticky like the other day. it came as a suprise too me when i woke up and my whole bra was soaked. I have also been having braxton hicks. sorry im typing so much and not really telling you anything but im just suprised that there are other people going through this too. I thought I was the only one.
    jacksonsmom09

Answer by jacksonsmom09 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It is normal, though it doesn't happen in all women. Your body is just gearing up to nurture your baby! PS good news, you have a well established dust system =-)
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 4:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Thanks ladies :) At least it feels good to know I'm not alone.
    bellamama09

Answer by bellamama09 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2009