I need some help about allergies

The Doc. is telling me my 2 yr. old needs to have allergy shots. Are there any mothers out there that can let me know if they are beneficial to him or could they harm him? He does have relly bad allergies and has to take benadril at least 2x a day. Please help

csanders5507

Asked by csanders5507 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Health

• My son had an allergy test at 2, but he wasn't allergic to anything, so he didn't need any allergy meds. I really don't know if they're harmful or not. Can you take him to a allergist for a second opinion or maybe another pediatrician? Ugh, poor lil guy. That must be awful.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 3:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Try calling an ENT. Ear now and throat dr. they can look at it. My son sees a pediatric ent. they can give you a second opinion, and maybe give you some other options
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 4:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Has your doc done the tests to see whay your little one is allergic to? I would look into that first. I've known parents that have done the shots, but the kids were older.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 7:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2009