What can I put on my lo for mesquito bites?

What can I put on my lo for mesquito bites and what can I put on to prevent mesquitos from biting?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my mom always put camphophenique (not sure if that's spelled right) on all our bug bites. It takes away the itch. It comes in a little green bottle.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 4:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My grandma swears by absorbine. It comes in a little green spray bottle but I never liked it because if you had scratched it recenly (which seemed like it was always the case with bug bites) it stung. I always use a hydrocortisone creme for my son. I swear by that stuff.

I always used regular bug spray when he was little. I was just careful not to put any on his hands. My mom would spray it into her hands and rub it on him, but I just sprayed him.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2009