is it normal for me to feel soo alone in this prenancy (35 weeks)

i feel like all my family members are try to tell me alreay how to raise my child and how to care for her durning prenancy because this is my fist baby and i feel a little overwhelmed by them because u kno every doctor says that every prenancy is different and every baby is different but it like they are tryingt o forse me to do what they did and how they did it and exspecialy my mother keeps telling me what i should do and she keep saying my doctor is stupid and my doctor is wrong that he doesnt no anything but i have done everything my doctor has asked me to and my mom resents it because i dont take her word , and my sister and aunt are all the same way . it seems like the only person that suports me on my deicion is my husband . and anther thing why do ppl insist on giving me advice when they dont even have kids or been pregnant them self ! i dont get that . can some one please help

KimFoster278

Asked by KimFoster278 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know it can be tough but hang in there. If you and your husband agree then thats what is most important. Keep listening to your dr. you picked them because you trust him/her so your family is just going to have to deal with that. My mom had ideas on things I should or shouldnt be doing when I had my first and I finally told her she had to back off although I appreciated the advice and knew her heart was in the right place she had to let me raise my child the was I see fit and I let her know that if I got stuck on anything then I would ask for the advice if I needed it. You dont need them stressing you out right now you are going threw a lot of changes and there are more to come.
    Anonymous

• Having my first child was the hardest thing I ever went through, mostly because of people just swarming me with advice!!! I didn't understand why everyone, everyone, everyone, felt they had the right to comment on my life and child. I was confused and felt SO ALONE!!! Now I know that the advice people give is often more about them then it is about you. I honestly believe that it makes people feel good and connected to you, even though you don't welcome it and often it has the opposite effect. Try to be patient with others & with yourself (as impossible as that sounds). Being a first time parent is about trying some things, ignoring others, trying again, and seeing what works. Unfortunately, there is no 'magic bullet', and the reason why is because every child is as individual as, well, as an individual (mostly because your little one IS an individual, as different from the next person as you are)!
    catsbap

Answer by catsbap at 5:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2009