first time mom here...

and I was wondering what were the most useful baby items when you first brought your baby home from the hospital? (apart from tons of diapers and wipes)

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a sling for the baby makes life much easier for you b/c they feel snug to you and you have both hands free! Ioved mine! If you are having a boy and getting him curcumcised vaseline and gauz...hospital gives you some but may need extra. Congrats and good luck!! :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• her swing. she would sit there for hours. or maybe the basinette. I loved them both
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 4:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• the moses basket my friend got us. My son wouldn't sleep in the crib, maybe b/c it was such an open space and he was used to the NICU with the small space. So he liked the basket.
    and of course the graco infant carrier that acts as a car seat too. The snug ride stroller (the one where you just pop the carrier in) was great too.
    bottle sterilizer. the boogie catcher(suction).
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Towels to use as burp cloths—our daughter had reflux.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• her bouncy seat. & lots of burp cloths
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 4:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• andy loved his bouncy seat and his swing. his bouncy seat also vibrated. it was a life saver!
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My daughter loved her bouncy seat the vibrations calmed her and put her to sleep if she was fussy.
    Mommy2Ava3509

Answer by Mommy2Ava3509 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Her bouncy seat. She used that from about a month old, we didn't use the vibrator, though. I think it is a bad habit to start...
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 4:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Receiving blankets. I know some people say that don't use them, but I loved mine. They could wrap an infant & also serve as a cover while I was nursing without getting us too hot. Plus they can double as a burp rag or cover a changing space & are small enough to toss in the washer easily. A pillow to help prop the baby while feeding (boppy or just a regular pillow) with a washable cover. The one odd thing I loved with my DD was an exercise ball. I would sit in the rocker with DD & put my feet on the ball, that way I could rock the baby & the "footstool" would move with me. I know it sounds nutty but it works beautifully. Last thing, have a safe place to put the baby near the kitchen. A bassinet or basket or carrier. That way you can cook & have baby close by & it is light enough to move to the living room. Much easier than moving baby's bedroom bed around the house. Congrats & good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• bouncy seat, swing and play mat!!
    newmom2be202

Answer by newmom2be202 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2009