3cm

so went to the doc today and im 3cm and 70%e faced ...... could it be soon????

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 4:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• shouldnt you be at the hospital?
    my dr kept telling me if i was 3 cm he was sendng me to the hospital
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I was 4 cm and fully effaced and I had to be induced. So you never know! Good luck!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• by the way im 38 weeks
    wiggsbabe

Answer by wiggsbabe at 4:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I was 3 cm for about 2 weeks before I went into labor with my dd so it just depends. I never felt a contraction and then one night my water broke. I didnt have any contractions after that until they gave me pitocin.
    Anonymous

• I was that way for a couple weeks. There is no telling. Just go walk, POWER WALK! ^-^
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• there really is no way of telling because its different for EVERYONE i went from 1.5 cm to 4cm over night and my friend was at 2cm till she was 40 weeks then her water broke and they had to induce her cause she was staying at a 2cm, my mom only dilated to 3cm and they had to do a csection cause nothing else was happening.
    but if it counts for anything they should admit you as soon as you start having contractions because your already at 3cm
    lovinmybbyboy

Answer by lovinmybbyboy at 7:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• There is no telling. I was 3 cm at 33 weeks, 4 at 35 weeks, 5 at 37 weeks and then was induced at 38 1/2 weeks. Then other people are 1cm at the start of labor and have their baby within 24 hours! All it (TYPICALLY) means is that your labor will be slightly quicker when you go into it because alot of your "early" labor (1 to 4 cm) is already done. But I wouldnt be headed to the hospital anytime soon
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2009