Why is my hair falling out during early pregnancy?

I'm just over 8 weeks pregnant with my second child, and still nursing my first. However I eat VERY health and I'm taking in 3000+ calories a day plus my vitamins!

Weaning my daughter is NOT an option.

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 4:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• stress can make it fall out. make sure ou take your prenatal, that will help it!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 4:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I'd go ahead and give your doctor a call today just to see if there should be any concern. Usually the hormones after delivery cause this.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Hormones.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It's normal. Mine continued to fall out after birth and is just now growing back (7 mo later) lol
    Anonymous

• I'd guess a vitamin deficiency. What prenatal vitamin are you taking? Make sure that it's bioavailable- many vitamins are NOT. Also make sure that it meets or exceeds the RDA for each vitamin, as many of them do not.

I'd take a B complex on top of that. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jarrow's B-Right It's very bioavailable and it's low-odor so you barely smell the B vitamins. It also lowers the risk of what's called "Niacin flush" which can make you feel nauseous. B deficiency can cause hair loss, so I'd definitely give a B vitamin a try. Just run it past your doctor first!
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 4:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009