How can I explain to my 3yr old my health condition?

My son is always wanting me to go outside to play. I have multiple sclerosis and have a hard time with the heat and humidity. My son does not understand why I can't be out in the heat for long periods of time. How can explain to him so that he will some what understand? Any advice will be helpful

christy456

Asked by christy456 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Health

• We told my kids who were a bit older, that dh has a problem that makes his brain not work with his muscles. Then we told them it was like an electronic robot with bad wires. The electricity that makes it not work right.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i deal with depression alot and i have a hard time getting out of bed somedays on the day i manage to get out of bed but cant make it out side i just tell my dd that mommy is sick and we will try to make it out tomarrow and she gotten pretty use to the routine that the days we cant make it outside she'll cuddle up on the couch with a book and we read all day sometimes i ready to her and sometimes i'll grabe a book for myself and she'll flip through her book by herself and make up the story as she goes along.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2009