How can I get hubby to be grateful when people help us?

My brother came over today and lifted furniature, took it upstairs for me and when my hubby got home he complained the wall was scratched. THe neightboor shoveled the snow when I was pregnant and he was at work , he came home and complained he didnt do it right. My Mom cooked for us when I had a c-section- he complained he didnt like the food., Etc. Ect. Ect. Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• i'd just have to tell him to shut his trap, either he can complain about the things or he can do it himself. my husband complained once about something someone had done for us and i told him that since then haven't had the problem again.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Tell him to stop being a little bitch, let go of his ego issues and GET OVER HIMSELF.
    Anonymous

• My guess is that it's his ego causing the problem. He feels he should have been the one to do it to start with and his feeling are hurt. His ego isn't allowing himself to admit this to you, so you may just have to be the grateful one for the time being. Just remind him that if he doesn't have something nice to say, then you don't want to hear it.

Cin53

Answer by Cin53 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• just tell him if he doesnt like how it was done then do it himself!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I'm sorry but there's not much you can do. Your husband is an ungrateful and unappreciatvie person, and he is the only one who has any power to change that. You can make comments about that character trait, but he won't hear you until he realizes that he is the one who has the problem. About all you can do is express your own gratitude to those who are willing to help you out and do things for you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I would just say "well it may not be the way you would do it, but the price is right."
    Try running it by him beforehand...let him know that if he doesn't shovel the walkway, you are going to ask the neighbor. Then if he doesnt, and still complains you can say "some one had to do it."
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 7:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2009