Food for energy

I sleep well at night, eat healthy, take my vitamins and exercise 5 days a week, but for some reason I am tired all the time. I stay away from caffeine since I am breastfeeding. What are some foods I can eat to give me energy so I'm not tired all day long?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 4:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Have your thyroid checked, first of all. That's how I found out I had hypothyroidism- I was EXHAUSTED all the time no matter how healthy I was being.

Other than that, make sure you're taking in healthy proteins (nuts are great for it), and try cutting down on red meat if you can- I've noticed that red meat makes me "lag".
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• almonds are good protien, avoid to many carbs and sugars. They will bring u up then carshing down. Eat whole grain breads when you eat carbs.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• proteins for longterm sustainable energy, and carbs for immediate sources of energy.
    usually mid day fatigue comes from the downturn of the sugar high you got at breakfast. if you have a good source of protein at breakfast with no carbs, you should make it through the afternoon. try non-traditional breakfast sources like chicken, tuna, peanut butter and lentils. eggs are always good by themselves, the perfect protein source.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 5:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2009