Should we all only answer ONE question from the census given by ACORN??

Should we follow Congresswoman Mrs. Bachmann, Minnesota Republican???

"I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home," she said. "We won't be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/06/19/rep_bachmann_will_not_fill_out_census_because_of_acorn.html

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 5:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think I like her answer.....
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 5:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I haven't been in a census sense I was 18 or 19 years old. they came to my apartment and asked who lived there and what there races were. Back then my oldest DD was a baby..They said sense she is half black they put her down as black..That was in or around 1979 or 80

Answer by louise2 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I believe that I will only answer what I am constitutionally obligated to and that's it. What are they asking?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Sorry, but that woman is crazy as bat shiz so I would check first to make sure that's what's right constitutionally. In fact, if she issued a statement saying the sky is blue I would investigate further.....
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• she is correct on that and that is all I will be answering as well
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• LOL, my husband (not an ACORN employee!) recently took, and of course passed (100%) his written exam to become a Census taker in his spare time. You can bet he will be asking LOTS of questions and taking his job VERY seriously...after all someone has to, right?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• What questions do they ask?
    Anonymous

• There are all sorts of fun questions like how many toilets do you have and how many $hits you took in them yesterday....sarcasm ok. But, there are lots of questions that have NOTHING to do with counting and are a huge invasion of privacy.

The Constitution authorizes the governement to take an "enumeration" every 10 years. That is just a general count and it is for the purpose of establishing how man Representatives each state gets for the House.

I have printed sheet of paper with the number of people in our home and the contents of Article I Section 2 of the Constitution in case they have any further questions. I have it in a drawer of the lovely table gracing my entry, ready to hand to the census taker.

LoriKeet, I am glad your dh is going to be working for them. I mean absolutely no disrepect. The GPS guy broke my favorite flower pot when he was marking our house, I caught him and he then he tried to LIE!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Yourspecialkid - I like your thinking and preparation for the census taker.  If you don't mind, I'm going to copy you!  As, I hope MANY others will!  ;)

smile big

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 7:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• WTH? So we've been doing the census for decades and now that Obama is in office right wing clowns are boycotting some of the questions? What a scene that party is.
    SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 8:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2009